Friday, August 27, 2010

Quasimodo Supplement -- Quasimodo Cocktail!



I felt todays's post to be slightly ungenerous and "underfunded".

So, I decided to research both "Victor Hugo" recipes and festive drinks and those that included the name Quasimodo.

I found a considerable amount of information that I'll be sorting out for some time. The only thing I know for certain is that I will probably be visiting, as soon as I can manage any sort of European vacation, is a visit to the Quasimodo Bar in Portugal's Algarve region. It sounds HIGHLY appealing.

Germany, for some reason, seems to be home to the Quasimodo cocktail, which is simply a sweetish vodka-lemon juice drink served in a tall glass with a slice of lemon as garnish. I think it might be more refreshing in the summer with some club soda mixed in. I have absolutely no idea why it is called a "Quasimodo".

Ingredients:

* 4 cl Vodka
* 2 cl Freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 2 cl Simple syrup

Garnish:

* 1 Lemon slice

Equipment

Glass: Tall drink glass

No comments:

Post a Comment