Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tom Courtenay (So Imagine A Mirror Bigger Than The Room It Was Placed In)









"I was so full of joy that I ran down the lane and over the fields, until I was exhausted.  I felt like a person full of power and skill.  I was no longer part of the dead old system.  I could bear anything now till the end of term."  

Denton Welch, Maiden Voyage

 “And did those feet in ancient time.
Walk upon Englands mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem  builded here,
Among those dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
'Til we have built Jerusalem,
In Englands green & and pleasant Land"


"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets" -- Numbers XI. Ch 29  v.

William Blake, Jerusalem












No comments:

Post a Comment