Friday, November 18, 2011

Animated Doll









I never knew how little I knew
But it’s getting though to me now.
Nothing I do of the little I do
Seems to ring true to me now.
Commitment evades me
I don’t feel involved at all.
I’m just going through the motions
Like an animated doll.
I never knew.  I never knew.







I never knew how lucky I was
Maybe nobody does when they’re young.
A couple mistakes, that’s all it takes
You can never erase what you’ve done.
Now I can fake a range of feelings
I can weep like a waterfall.
You’d never guess that you were dealing
With an animated doll.
I never knew.  I never knew.









The mind in my skull exerts a powerful pull
Like the pull of the moon on the tides.
Like my heart in its cage
And though neither can gauge
Clearly enough to be guides.
Where they’ll lead I’ll follow
I will follow till I fall.
Head and heart as hollow
As an animated doll.









No comments:

Post a Comment