Wednesday, December 19, 2012

MAZE OF DISINTEREST







   The authorities also praise humility above other virtues, but I put disinterest above humility for the following reasons.  There can be humility without disinterest but disinterest cannot be perfect without humility; perfect humility depends on self-denial; disinterest comes so near to zero that nothing may intervene.  Thus, there cannot be disinterest without humility and, anyway, two virtues are better than one!







Iggy Pop: I'm Bored (Link)

Iggy Pop: New Values (Link)

Text:  Meister Eckhart -- About Disinterest

2 comments:

  1. Two virtues are always better than one :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you also. On my way to New York City with my daughter and her school friend for a lovely annual pre-Christmas dinner called Charles Dickens Night in a romantic fancy velvet-lined subterranean eating club. Caroline's remaining behind, unfortunately, with our ailing daschund. We'll all be together again tomorrow and all the time over New Year's. I'm glad you read this. I really liked it. And Batty Langley's mazes, which say a lot, I think. Curtis

      Delete