Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Beatle -- A Moment Of Truth From The Life Of George Harrison









        "But Harrison's disquiet wasn't just about songs barred from The White Album:  there was the omnipresence of Yoko Ono.  Rolling Stone writer/Apple insider David Dalton recalls an incident in the studio where George was 'wailing on his Gretsch, happy as a clam, and Yoko began wailing along.' George threw his guitar on the ground and stormed out. 'I hear Eric isn't doing much these days,' a nonplussed Lennon said to McCartney."








Yoko Ono: "Don't Worry, Kyoko (Mummy's Only Looking For Her Hand In The Snow" (Link)
Text excerpted from "Cry For A Shadow" by Michael Simmons, Mojo, November 2011 
Top George Harrison portrait by Richard Avedon, 1967

2 comments:

  1. The Yoko Factor in the universe is inexorable.

    Resist though we may, it will win out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this story when I read it. It just seemed so real on every level, even real on a Hard Day's Night level. In preparation for posting this, I made myself listen to Don't Worry Kyoko again. It had been a long time. In some ways it was reassuring to find that neither of us had changed. Ms. Ono is, apparently, currently on tour in Iceland, playing for paying customers. I assume it's a short tour -- even fewer dates available than, say, Belgium. I just don't know what to say, what to make of it. Actually, you said it all. Curtis

    ReplyDelete